Naga Inc - Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What you NEED to raid.

2 posters

Go down

What you NEED to raid. Empty What you NEED to raid.

Post  Arastar Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:10 am

First, get Ventrilo. You don't have to talk on it, but you have to listen. If you don't have it, you cannot raid.

2nd, Deadly Boss Mod. You have to have DBM. It tells you everything! If you aren't familiar with it, just get it and it pretty much does the work. We will also explain in Vent what to look for.

3rd, any threat meter mod. I use Omen, but there are other ones that are good. Obviously, if you're a healer - you can try healbot? However, there was an issue where healbot wasn't showing an obvious debuff, so just pull our your raid panel groups, and keep a sharp eye. Again, on vent, we'll say what to look for.

4th, no damage meter. I have to admit, seeing the damage meters gets annoying over raid. If you have it (I have it heh) and someone asks to see it, just whisper them the data. If someone solely uses damage meter to check their progress - then just explain to them that there's a lot more than your dps that counts for a raid. Smile

5th, have fun! We're an easy going group. Just go with the flow, we do have new members, so be patient. Just 1 month ago, I was a heroic nub - asking "Where the hell is VH?" I had no clue...but now, they are all on farm. I know a few new guys are in the same boat I was a month back, so just stick with it. I'll help out, as will other guildies. Within even a week or 2, you will notice huge progression from heroics and be more than ready to raid!

Hope this was helpful, if not, feel free to edit the post!

Arastar

Arastar

Back to top Go down

What you NEED to raid. Empty Re: What you NEED to raid.

Post  Daenae Thu May 21, 2009 5:30 pm

Very good information.

While searching for specific equipment choices needed to begin raiding, I came across this site.

http://altosis.com/raids/EntryLevelRaidingGear_WotLK.html

It gives a good breakdown on what stats are important for each class and what the level should be to begin raiding.

Daenae

Daenae

Back to top Go down