Naga Inc - Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy Pally stats

3 posters

Go down

Holy Pally stats Empty Holy Pally stats

Post  Skullbash Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:25 am

So I've been trying to learn how to heal in the past few weeks (both as a pally and in general) and I've been having some problems figuring out which states I really need.

Clearly int. and spellpower are important. However, everyone seems to see crit as the most important stat. I'm just not sure why. Crits are nice and all for the extra heal and returned mana is also pretty sweet. Crits and holy shock are great for the free FoL or huge crit chance for the net Holy Light. But I've always thought haste was a bit under appreciated for pallies. With long cast times for Holy Light and the lack of area heals it feels like I need faster heals, rather than bigger heals.

I also like mp5, though now that I think of it I rarely run oom, but the threat of divine plea and half heals scares me more than it should.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if my heal noobness has caused me to miss something about the necessity of huge crit (especially cause I'm at 21% out of raids which seems to be lots based on my performance and gear level).

Skullbash

Back to top Go down

Holy Pally stats Empty Re: Holy Pally stats

Post  hellbrass Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:44 am

its intellect, then spell power, then crit, then haste. and last should be mp5 if you find you need it, but your main source of mana regen should be through crits.

so geming and enchants should follow the same pattern, intellect first, second is spell power and crit (your meta should be insightful earthsiege diamond). you can play with geming haste if you like, as it reduces your GCD but you have so many abilities that work off crit, i'd stick with crit. let your mp5 come from your gear and don't gem for it.

it can be a bit controversial, but its very fare for you to roll on healing mail/healing cloth so long as you are NOT rolling against any other healers and if its a good upgrade.

as for your glyphs, you may want to throw on holy light, the second should be a choice between seal of wisdom and seal of light, depending on how you find your mp5 (raid bosses are really the only way to get comfortable w/ mp5) and the last major spot i'd probably throw to flash of light, as it impoves its crit chance. but there are a few other good options out there, like the beacon glyph, holy shock and so forth.

your minors should probably be glyph of blessings of wisdom, lay on hands and blessing of kings.

hellbrass

Back to top Go down

Post  Skullbash Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:52 pm

But my point was that crits give me 60% of the spell's mana back, so two crits in a row will give me a free spell (assuming all three are the same). I just don't feel like that's reliable enough even with high crit. Maybe I'm just too nervous.

As far as glyphs go I have Seal of Wisdom (which is the change that seems to help my mana the most), Holy Light and Beacon of Light, The extra 30 seconds on beacon also helps with mana as beacon is a pretty costly spell.

My minors are Lay on Hands (which I`ve never actually used this on a group member or more than once every 20 minutes), Blessing of Wisdom and Glyph of the Wise. The 50% decrease on seal of wisdom seems pretty useless as I only use it once every half hour and usually do so out of combat while buffing (which drains my mana anyway).
BoK just makes it 30 minutes on myself, right? I almost got that but I figured there must be something better than having two blessing glyphs.

Skullbash

Back to top Go down

Post  Logi Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:21 am

Int gives you crit AND more mana. Also, with more mana divine plea gives back more mana as well

Logi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down