Naga Inc - Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All you need to know about mages.

Go down

All you need to know about mages. Empty All you need to know about mages.

Post  Logi Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:48 pm

First, I want to tell you guys that if you dont listen to what I have written here, I will make sure you are the last mage invited. We don't want slackers in our raids! I will try and make this short and straight forward.

SPEC

If you dont want to suck, you need a good spec! and sadly, as a mage you don't have the choice! You need to be frostfire, 0/53/18 ,or you wont do as much dmg as you should, and thats bad. That is the link to the spec I use.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/mage/talents.html?tal=00000000000000000000000000000023050300123033310531203013512033030310030000000000000000

GEMS

First of all, you want to cap your HIT RATING, 14% with Precision, 11% if a Spriest or a Boomkin is there!!!
If you have your hit cap, you want CRIT! Crit is the thing that make this spec do dmg, if you can't crit, you will suck!

In other words, you want to gem for hit till your capped then you focus on gemming for SP and crit.

GLYPHS

YOU WANT: Glyph of Imp Scorch, Glyph of Frostfire, Glyph of Molten armor.
I dont care about minor glyphs, but I think the blast wave one shouldn't be used cuz the only time I actually use this spell is when I NEED to knock something back (zombies when fighting gluth).

ENCHANTS:

Make sure that all your gear is enchanted INCLUDING your head and leg enchants.Get your rep with Sons of Hodir for shoulder enchants unless your profession is inscription then get that at least to 400.Also, dont forget the belt buckle.

Weapon - 50 SP or 63 SP if you have an item lvl 213 equipped(25 man)
Bracer - at least 23 SP
Gloves - 28 SP or Precision(20 hit) if you need more hit
Chest - 8 stats
Cloak - 23 haste unless your a tailor
Boots - Icewalker(12 hit and crit)

ROTATION:

It's very simple but let me make it clear!

You stack scorch up to 5 times(with glyph you only need to cast scorch twice!!!), living bomb, frostfirebolt, frostfirebolt, frostfirebolt... put living bomb back up when it finish, and dont let the 5 stacks of scorch run out(refresh when needed)

Dont forget to use you're pyroblast everytime hotstreak procs, ice veins, mirror images, etc...

AND, be careful when you use combustion, you may want to wait a bit to use it sometimes to be sure living bomb doesn't steal a charge of it, you only want you're FFB and Pyro to crit from that.

I havn't realy saw anyone talking about that but I personaly add a few fireblast in that when I see I will have more then enough mana, but again, dont let a fireblast get the combustion crit!!! Also, fireblast is good on mobile fights where you have to move out of void zones or rain of fires, etc... Cast it when your on the move.

Logi

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum