Naga Inc - Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trial of the Crusader 25 man and its strategic differences from 10 man

2 posters

Go down

Trial of the Crusader 25 man and its strategic differences from 10 man Empty Trial of the Crusader 25 man and its strategic differences from 10 man

Post  Powaliit Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:09 am

Recently iI'e been trying to figure out a way to mitigate damage on the 4th boss of TotC. My idea for Twin Val'kyrs will involve a slight change to the color change strategy for the healers on each side. First off since the healers aren't doing damage to the bosses, their color only matters when confronted with dodging the spheres when spawned. If the healers were to stand away from the rest of the group near the portal in the back, while being the opposite color of everyone else on their side, i believe that they could negate a substantial amount of the healing they would need to do other wise by picking up any orbs that reach them in the back of the room before they bounce back to the front where the DPS stand. Seeing as they will be the same color as the orbs that are dangerous to the DPS, there will at the very least be a sort of shield for the DPS to stand behind with regards to the Spheres that come from behind the raid. the Change would also aleviate some of the chaos stemming from the overwhelming number of players trying to click on the very same portal all at once. this wouldn't very much change the strategy. when a color is called to switch to the healers would switch on the rear portal if needed and continue to heal through the AoE, and then run to the front and change back to previous color, after which they would return to the back of the room and continue healing.

Please let me know if this plan is sound. I would like feed back to tweek it

Powaliit

Back to top Go down

Trial of the Crusader 25 man and its strategic differences from 10 man Empty Re: Trial of the Crusader 25 man and its strategic differences from 10 man

Post  Vultus Amove Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:19 am

to be honest, this is how i learned it. when i tried to do it here, there were 2 problems

1) People werent understanding why i was doing it and were constantly cluttering up vent with "vult, change auras" mind you, this wont be an issue if everyone knows, but thats the main reason why i stopped

2) people werent getting away from me when i had other color. i would move, only to have someone else with the other aura move on top of me. the problem is, when they did this, even if i moved for an orb, they were still in range and i would take damage cause they collected it for the buff, and they wouldnt move/move far enough for the orbs i collected, and it would damage them.

if we did it, we would also need to specify that ranged dps has to stay separate from the healers

Vultus Amove

http://www.myspace.com/vampiricnirvana

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum